Indonesia Visa Information

Lizzie asks…

I have been working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since 2004 as Exhibit Designer.?

Please advise due to the fact my wife will follow me to move in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in the near months. She ask me about how women in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia get jobs? Please advise if you have any information about this. My wife already has experiences as formal job in Indonesia since 1995 as Administration. She really need has activity when she would move in Riyadh. Informal job will OK, as long as not to be a maid. Perhaps, for example as Beautician or Nurse. Anybody has suggestion or information about this?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

If it is similar to Qatar, She basically comes in through your visa, and she doesn’t need special permits to work, but she can only work part time. They are pretty lenient about that, but if she wants to work full time, she will have to go through the paperwork. Again, this is based on neighboring Qatar.

A nurse may require special registration, but she could clearly work at a hospital in some capacity.

I hope that at least gives you some perspective.

Steven asks…

What is the Best College Major for Live in Developing Countries?

Hi Guys..

I am Indonesian, but now I am going to college in United State, California and plan to transfer to good University either instate or out of state. When I graduated from University I plan to back to my Hometown Indonesia which is the Developing Counties.

I just wondering, what is the best Major and Minor should I take in University but not far from Business major, coz I want to make a big business in my country.but what is the best business major? (Marketing, Management, Entrepreneurship, Property, Accounting, Information system, etc) which one? Basically I like everything.. Now I almost can do everything just like Handyman.

Do you guys have any suggestion what is the best major and Minor should I take in University which is will be useful in Developing countries, such as my country Indonesia? Because I have to back home when I have graduated from university. Thank you.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

In a developing nation, we need to look at what exactly is developing. As the quality of living increases, so will the demand for nicer, more advanced housing and business structures, as well as access to the latest technologies by both the public and private sector. Because that is often the biggest sign of development and it is also fairly stable even after a country plateaus in its development, it would be the best area to focus in.

There are two ways to take advantage of development. You can take part in the development, or you can benefit from the development happening. For example, if you study engineering you will likely have a stable occupation with a great amount of job security, but after 10 to 15 years you would likely reach the upper thresholds of your income potential without going into business for yourself.

However, if you choose to benefit by managing the development as it occurs, your earning potential is unlimited. The downside to this is that it may take many, many years to work your way up the ladder to achieve this potential.

Taking both sides into consideration, my personal recommendation would be to choose a career that allows you to instantly capitalize on the development taking place, but also allows you plenty of headroom to grow fiscally. One method of achieving this would be to pursue a degree in a subject such as Information Systems, and a minor in business administration. If your student visa allows, a dual major would be even better. This would position you to immediately begin work at a decent wage upon returning to Indonesia, and also give you the knowledge required to start your own company once you have reached your maximum earning potential working for someone else.

Good Luck!

Richard asks…

Is Korea a good place to live and work?

I’m thinking about going to Korea when I grow up 🙂
I know the easiest job there will be to teach English.
I realise that I only need a bachelo’r’s degree in any subject to get in, other than the visa and etc.

I have a few questions for people who have taught, lived in korea, or anything related.

1.Is it a good , welcoming place? Obviously, I’m a foreigner but are they as welcoming as I’ve heard? Racist? (Either way, I’ll go anyways.)
2.How is the safe level?
3.Is it as cheap as comfy as I’ve heard? One reason I want to go there, is its cheaper than other Asian countries.

And any other basic experience, stories, information is welcome!!

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:


(I haven’t excatly taught in Korea, but I’m a Korean teen so maybe I might help you out.)

Will first I’d like to say, am Half-Korean and I live in Seoul, I had no problems at all. I’m actually half Somalian, and half Korean so it’s all good. As long as you know the culture and language you’re fine. People aren’t racist, sure the old people down here can be very homogeneous about their country but there are awesome liberals around, like me!

Seoul is pretty safe, but like any normal city there will be some kind of crime around. But it’s a bit rare, there’s no need to worry.

Seoul, cheap? I don’t really think it is *laughs* It’s the capital of a country so I doubt it will be cheap. Maybe, not entirely sure.

When I first went to Seoul I moved from Jakarta, Indonesia. I suppose it was weird for me because I never was introduced to the Korean culture, which I think is the main thing you should learn with the language. It isn’t really hard, that was only because my Dad is Korean so he helped me out but maybe google or learn? And as for the language yeah, everywhere is Korean other than the internatinal schools. If you know Korean then you’re all set.

People might stare, depending I’m not sure. I’m not going to lie, I met some racists here, even my friends are a bit racist. Korea is just too homogeneous, but maybe later we will get used to it like me! And some awesome people love foreigners! They might even stop you in the street and touch your hair! I had people do that a lot.

There are some areas where you can live, that has a lot of foreigners. Especially Americans. I’m not sure where, because I don’t really live there. :/ I’m more in the Korean neigbhorhoods haha.

But Seoul is beautiful, all in all. You will love it here, and the men are amazing! Haha, just don’t tell them they look like girls they will get mad! Haha.

– Deeri Hyan

Sharon asks…

I have been reading, International Living, and started thing about moving overseas to live.?

International Living, is about information about these county where you can live cheaper that you can here in the USA..
I pay $320. for rent, and gas,water,and elect comes to another $230. with cable for the internet, and Med’s and hospital bills and food, it totals out at $850.00 and I get from SSI $900.00.. and you may noticed I didn’t say any thing about transportation cost as I don’t have a car.

Now in the Philippines I have read up on it, the same bills and a house keeper and cook can be done at a cost of the same $850.00 and I have a nicer place and a housekeeper and cook.

I just got started looking at Indonesia, and it is looking to be even cheaper there. Now what is my question?

What do I need to go there? a passport? or birth papers, or just a ticket? I am a felon, yea I did some time in prison way back when, but still a felon any way. so will tha be a problem?

the cost of going there I can save up to do but if I can’t get there because of red tape then why try?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

You can easily get by on your pension.I live in a 2 bedroom modern apt paying rent of P4,000 electricity is P850. Water is P262, garbage is free, cable TV with 4 movie channels id P420 (with FREE PPV of UFC & WWE), food is VERY cheap, DSL for P1,000, my live in maid is P2,500, most meds are cheap but hard to get painkillers-it can be done but hard & Hospital bills are very cheap. One drawback is visa fees but that can be changed if you get married here..
Your felony is over & you do not have a hold on you then that shouldn’t be a problem. Usually the problem if from the US passport not here.
If you come here you can send some LBC type boxes with most of your things very cheaply. That is what I did.
Contact me for more info if needed
You can draw SS here

Mark asks…

Why is it so hard for so many Americans to cite facts when they’re just a click away? Why use opinions?

Everything I hear on this board can be refuted by simply going to reputable sources and getting the statistics, yet I hear the same easily disproven lies time and time again from people who have access to information:

1. Millions come to America for medical treatment. The number is much, much lower, look it up.
2. Europeans pay over half their salaries on income tax alone! Um, sorry, not everyone country is like France, Germany and the Scandinavian nations. There are 45 nations in Europe, including Turkey.
3. Barack Obama was born in Kenya. Um, then where’s his Kenyan birth certificate? How come the two “Kenyan birth certificates” have glaring errors like “Republic of Kenya” in 1961 and the American notation system for dates? How come you can’t explain why a teenage girl with few resources, in a failing marriage to a man with a wife in Kenya, would fly all the way across the globe after getting married in Hawaii (while pregnant) to give birth in a Third-World country with low standards for health care and how come there is no evidence in the form of tickets, visas, re-entry stamps, etc.?
4. Obama’s a Muslim. Right, but he never knew his father who was an Atheist, he spent only a short time in Indonesia, he was raised by his nominally Christian grandparents, no Imam has ever shown evidence of him belonging to a Mosque, no one has ever come forward to prove that he has ever celebrated a Muslim holy day, he spent nearly two decades in a controversial Christian Church, he married a Christian and raised his kids in the Christian faith, he drinks alcohol and eats pork……
4. We singlehandedly won WWII! No, we didn’t. Forgot your allies?
5. The French have never done anything for us! The Revolution, Louisiana Purchase, Statue of Liberty, Afghanistan.
6. Europeans are euroweenies. Would you say that to the coalition in Afghanistan?
7. Europe is socialist. Approximately how many nations in Europe have socialist governments?

Why are some people so allergic to the simple procedure of going to reputable sources and getting statistics?
1. Tell us exactly which European nations have elected socialist governments currently in power.
2. Show us surveys about French attitudes towards Americans.
3. Link to a news report about Turkish men selling their wives into brothels and cite statistics to show that is a common, widespread occurence.
4. Show us the tax rates for every single nation in Europe excluding Turkey. Also include what people get in exchange for those taxes, what the per-capita income is and how much it costs to live there on average.
5. Get us the statistics on overall satisfaction with health-care systems in every European nation, get us the statistics on life expectancy, infant mortality, patient wait times, physicians per capita, etc.

All that information is just a click away.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Is 5.7 Trillion in deficit spending since Pelosi took over on your list?

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Indonesia Visa Information

Charles asks…

I want to be an international student?

Hi! Im from South Africa, but im in the USA for now, I have applied for a student visa but haven’t heard anything from them. I want to have a plan B so im tryng to look into other countries. I want to take a Business degree. However don’t know how much everything cost or the process of other country. Any help? also

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

You cant go wrong at choosing Malaysia as your place to study your business degree!

Malaysia has been getting a lot of foreign students from Africa, Saudia Arabia, Nepal, America, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, India, Pakistan, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, etc! They chose to study here! Why? Well it’s easy, Malaysia has various of universities and colleges to choose from, the education is highly recognized and there are international lecturers/educators from around the world as well! The best thing is, the fees are much more affordable compared to studying in the States or UK! US$100 is RM300!! And UKPound100 is RM600!!! Visit this website, to know more information! ^__^

renting a house, buying groceries and going shopping are fairly cheap. There would even be some change left to spend a night out while taking a break from assignments!

There are business universities, art institutes and etc! Just choose! Remember to visit the site! 🙂


Lisa asks…

Teaching English in Korea?

So my plan is to become an RN, buuuttt I would still love to go abroad to Korea for a year or two. From what I hear, I need to have any sort of bachelors degree, and I can teach English in Korea. I do not want teaching to be my lifelong occupation. Could I get my BSN and still be eligible to teach in Korea?

And do you REALLY have to have a degree to go to Korea for a year or two? I don’t have any money so obviously I would need a job, and people say that the only work foreigners can get there is teaching.

I’m really unsure about what to do. Everyone is giving me different information.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

For Korea, yes, you do need a degree and they’re pretty strict on it. The degree is for the visa and you’ll need a TEFL certificate along with it to get the job.

However, if you don’t have a degree there are still possibilities. These countries do not always require a degree:

* China – the demand here is so great they often overlook the need for a degree.
* Colombia
* Indonesia
* Ecuador
* Mongolia
* Russia
* Czech republic (although you will need a passport from an EU member state to teach here)

You will, however, need a TEFL Certificate to show you have knowledge of the subject and teaching it.

Also, don’t forget that you may well be able to find work in countries which normally require a degree.

To get these jobs you usually need to be in the country in person, ideally around the start of the new school year. If you contact as many schools as you can you may well be able to find one which is in need of a teacher and is willing to overlook the degree requirements due to the urgency of getting a native speaker into the classroom!

James asks…

How to help my girlfriend immigrate to canada?

Hello, i’m a Canadian and my girlfriend is studying in Indonesia for medical records. Eventually we will want to live together in Canada. But we are not sure the best way to go about with this. we want to get married after we can settle down in Canada and if my girlfriend needs further schooling to meet the Canadian standards she will possibly go to school in Canada also. I plan on completely supporting her throughout this journey but we are uneducated in the process and the best route to make our dream possible with the strict immigration process.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

You don’t have to get married to sponsor you “girlfriend, partner, lover” or wife to come to Canada.

But – hold your horses – this is NOT A SIMPLE process.

Immigration Canada is EXTREMELY sensitive about “sham” relationships, marriages of convenience and any other ply to get sponsored.

First of all, if your relationship is less than two years old, your application may not be considered at all.

You must earn a minimum of $ 24,000 per year for starters.

The process is really very straight forward. You answer ALL the questions honestly, submit photo albums, guest lists for parties you were at as a couple, receipts from holidays together, just about anything you can think of to PROVE that you really are a couple.

Start here, and don’t scrimp on the information you hand over. The Immigration Canada people have very little patience and will not play detectives to find out about you. But – they are VERY good at confirming what you say.


You really don’t need any agent, lawyer of consultant for this process, just read the questions. The visa will take from 9 months to 18 months to be processed.

If you split up within the first two years after she arrived in Canada, your girlfriend goes back – no more questions asked.

Sorry for sounding so bombastic, but I have seen some…

Sandra asks…

What is the rationale for ?

For Filipinos who want to travel abroad, your Philippine passport must be valid for at least six months as of departure date.

Most travel agencies would not sell you a ticket if your passport will expire in less than six months. They will ask you to renew your passport first.

What is the rationale for this requirement ?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

“Some countries will not permit travelers to enter the country unless their passports will remain valid for at least six months after their scheduled departure.

List of some countries that have special passport expiration rules.
* 6 months: Brazil, Ecuador (including the Galapagos Islands), Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Paraguay, Romania, Singapore.
* 3 months: Cambodia, Denmark (including Greenland), Fiji, Switzerland (Denmark applies its three-month rule to your stay in any of 15 European countries).

There are many others. Some countries count their expiration windows from date of entry into their country, others from scheduled departure, so be sure to ask. For further information about special passport expiration rules, check the U. S. Department of State’s listing of foreign entry requirements. Other good sources of information are your airline, your travel agent, and the host country’s embassy or consulate.” –

Countries with agreements with the United States to extend passport validity for an additional six months, check this site:

David asks…

7 week backpacking SE Asia itinerary reasonable?

Hello! I will be going backpacking through SE Asia and a few other places

I will be booking a return flight from Bangkok, Thailand and these are countries I want to hit
–> Vitenam (Ho Chi Minh city, some other small towns)
–> Indonesia (not sure where yet)
–> Beijing, China
–> Kathmandu, Nepal
–> Agra, India (quick trip to the Taj Mehal)

Basically my question is if this is too many countries and if anyone happens to know how much trouble visas are going to be with that many places feel free to chip in 🙂

Thank you very much!

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

It took me 3.5 months to visit 6 countries, but I visited quite a few different towns and cities within those countries, so I guess it depends how thoroughly you want to explore these countries. I spend a month exploring Vietnam alone.
But if you were just to visit 3 places, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi + 1 other you could probably fit it in.

China and Vietnam you need to apply for a Visa before you arrive, but you can do that in an embassy in most of the major cities in other countries in Asia (Or just apply for one at least a month before you travel at home) There’s more information on traveling to these countries here:

As for the other countries I have no idea sorry!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Indonesia Visa Information

Helen asks…

Can anyone tell me where I can work abroad even I dont have any degree..?

Work overseas

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:


There are loads of places you could teach abroad without needing a degree. That just depends on what type of work you’re wanting to do though. What type of work are you wanting to do? If you don’t have something specific in mind then you might want to consider teaching English abroad. Despite what you may think you don’t need any previous teaching experience and you don’t need to be able to speak the local language. If you can speak English you can teach English!

There are opportunities all over the world to teach English. There are, however, some countries require a degree in order to be able to teach there due to visa requirements. There are still loads of places where you don’t need a degree, for example China, Indonesia, Costa Rica to name just a few. You can get more information about where you can find work abroad here:

If teaching English is something you would be interested in visit to get your free guide to teaching abroad – this has got loads of useful information about where you could teach, how it works and how to find work overseas.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Maria asks…

TEFL —college degree?

so i know you need a certificate to be a TEFL but i hear that the Chance’s of getting hired are bigger if you have some sort of college degree is this true? if all you have is the TEFL certificate and no college degree will you most likely not get hired? are the chances of getting a TEFL job in japan lower if you don’t have any college degree?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:


There are places you can teach without a degree (such as China, Ecuador and Indonesia), but in order to teach in Japan you need a degree for legal reasons (getting your visa). The only way round this is if you have over three years of teaching experience.

Don’t let that put you off teaching though – there are plenty of places you can teach without a degree. You might want to check out this article about where you could end up:

Also, if you’d like more information about the industry, make sure you download a free copy of TEFL Uncovered: How to Teach Your Way Abroad with TEFL: – it’s pretty comprehensive and will help you when you’re picking your TEFL course and applying for jobs abroad.

Good luck!

Daniel asks…

Live and work in AUS?

so iv’e decided to take a year out (or at least looking it to it anyway) i done a little bit of research of a working holiday visa for up to one year, so my question really as i have tried to ask many times but cant really get a straight answer is 1, do you have to be offered a job first or can you just go out there and find work and 2, does the work have to be classed as a ‘skilled job’

thanks in advance any bit of information would be helpful


Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

If you’re aged between 18 and 30 and are from an eligible country, you can get a working holiday visa without any skills and without needing to have a job offer in advance. You will be required to have access to around AUD$5000 in cash, in the bank or on credit cards (or a combination of those) when you arrive to pay for your initial expenses before you find work and to tide you over periods of unemployment. You must also have either a return (or onward) air ticket or enough extra to buy one.
Http:// Working Holiday visa for people from Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.
Http:// Work and Holiday visa for people from Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA.

Mandy asks…

I want to teach English in South Korea, am I qualified?

I want to teach English in South Korea but I’m not sure if I meet the requirements in order to do this. I will have an associates degree by the end of the summer and was curious if that is enough to get hired in South Korea and if it is enough to get an E2-Visa so I can work there for a at least a year. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

In general you’ll need a 4 year degree and a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate to get a visa and work. An associates is not enough.

If you don’t have a degree there are still possibilities. These countries do not always require a degree:

* China – the demand here is so great they often overlook the need for a degree.
* Indonesia
* Ecuador
* Mongolia
* Czech republic (although you will need a passport from an EU member state to teach here)

You will, however, need a TEFL Certificate to show you have knowledge of the subject and teaching it.

Also, don’t forget that you may well be able to find work in countries which normally require a degree.

To get these jobs you usually need to be in the country in person, ideally around the start of the new school year. If you contact as many schools as you can you may well be able to find one which is in need of a teacher and is willing to overlook the degree requirements due to the urgency of getting a native speaker into the classroom!

Lizzie asks…

Are these countries safe for traveling?

I am a Canadian, and I am wanting to do some traveling overseas. However, I am very confused as to which countries are and aren’t safe to travel in. I am white, if that makes a difference. I have dual Canadian/British citizenship (I was born in Britain). Therefore, I can go anywhere in the EU without a visa. I speak fluent English and French, quite a lot of Spanish, and a bit of Portuguese and Italian. The countries I would be interested in visiting are: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, USA (briefly, I have been there and I know it is quite safe), Czech Republic, France, Spain, Monaco, Italy, Greece, United Arab Emirates, Kenya, South Africa, India, China, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand. Even if you only know safety information about one or two countries, any help is appreciated! Thanks so much!

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

The Padre’s answer was very extensive and accurate, and I have little to add. I found South America to be full of honest people. Having said that, you can of course find trouble anywhere, especially in larger cities. And there are definitely lots of places in Brazil that are truly risky, especially at night. (It’s one of the few areas where being in a small group is no protection . . . If you venture into a bad area there, they will just rob [or, God forbid, kidnap] you all.). But when you travel, anyone you meet and any place you stay will warn you away from these known ‘keep-away’ areas. Same goes for most of the countries in southern and eastern Africa. There are places there where you will *really* stand out, and will be a target, if you venture into the wrong parts of town.

We all know the terror-related problems re Indonesia. But it’s really hard to plan your travel against that sort of thing, and after all, similarly-horrible attacks have occurred in New York, Madrid, London, Tokyo, etc..

I never had a lick of trouble in any of the countries you mentioned, including in the Middle East. The only problem I had was when the federal police stopped our bus going from Bolivia to Peru, and stole all the luggage in one compartment. No real way to avoid that sort of corruption, I’m afraid.

Go where you want. Take extra care when you first arrive in an unfamiliar city/country, till you adjust. And in terms of having things stolen, the odds are very good that your biggest risk will come from fellow travelers, unfortunately. Keep up-to-date on the Internet about recent political and safety changes on places you’re about to visit. And have a great time . . . None of the travelers I met on the road every regretted going away from their home countries.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Indonesia Visa Information

Lizzie asks…

How to apply for new passport in a foreign country when there are some other complications?

My friend, who is South African, lives in Indonesia and is just about to get out of prison. As he is incarcerated both his visa and passport has expired and he is not sure how to get out of the country once his time is up. Does he have to apply for a new passport? Does he need some kind of documentation to explain things? Does he need a visa while waiting for a replacement or temporary passport?
The authorities here in Indonesia has not been able to give him accurate information and he is concerned that some people are trying to set him up for a blackmailing scam.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

He’ll need to contact the South African embassy in Jakarta. Contact details are in the link below.

David asks…

can any one list the top 10 mnc’s in india?

i need the info cos m givin a presentation on mnc’s so pls help me tis is my 1st presentation

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Heyya dear….

The results of the Far Eastern Economic Review’s annual company survey, the Review 200: Asia’s Leading Companies sponsored by DHL Worldwide Express, are available across the region in the magazine’s New Year Double Issue on newsstands from today.

While hi-tech companies are hitting rock bottom all over the world, Infosys Technologies took the top position for Overall Leadership for the second year running in India. Reliance Industries and Wipro remained unchanged in their number two and three slots, respectively.

Review 200: India Top 10 Companies ranked for Overall Leadership are:
1. Infosys Technologies
2. Reliance Industries
3. Wipro
4. Hero Honda Motors
5. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
6. Larsen & Toubro
7. Ranbaxy Laboratories
8. ITC
9. Cipla

The survey, conducted by ACNielsen International Research (Hong Kong), asked readers to rank 208 multinational corporations in Asia, and between 26 and 39 companies in each of 11 countries around the region.

In addition to overall leadership, each company was ranked according to quality of products and services, the long-term vision of its management, its innovation in responding to customers’ needs, its financial soundness, and its status as a company others try to emulate. A full listing of the winners of these five sub-categories is tabled in the current issue of the Far Eastern Economic Review.

In all, 1,943 people responded to the survey, of which 75% were Review subscribers. The rest were readers of partner publications: Australia’s Business Review Weekly, India’s Business India and The Asian Wall Street Journal.

According to the survey, the companies ranked No. 1 in their respective countries are:

Australia Woolworths
Hong Kong Mass Transit Railway (MTR)
India Infosys Technologies
Indonesia Astra International
Japan Toyota Motor
Malaysia Genting
Philippines Jollibee Foods
Singapore Singapore Airlines
South Korea Samsung Electronics
Taiwan Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing
Thailand Charoen Pokphand Group (CP)

Computer software giant, Microsoft, remains the leading multinational company (MNC) doing business in Asia for the seventh year running. The list of top ten MNCs working in Asia follows:

1. Microsoft
2. General Electric
3. Nokia
4. McDonald’s
5. IBM
6. Coca-Cola
7. Visa International
8. Intel
9. Walt Disney
10. Nestle

The full Asia-wide, multinational listing and additional details on the survey are tabled in the December 27 issue of the Far Eastern Economic Review and can also be found at

– end –

Note to Editors

The Far Eastern Economic Review is Asia’s premier business newsweekly.

In Asia, Dow Jones & Company also publishes The Asian Wall Street Journal and provides electronic information services through Dow Jones Newswires and Dow Jones Interactive Publishing. In China, Dow Jones & Company provides the China Stock Indexes comprising the Dow Jones Shanghai Index, the Dow Jones Shenzhen Index and the Dow Jones China 88 Index. Dow Jones & Company also has a 50% shareholding in CNBC Asia Pacific.

Dow Jones & Company (NYSE:DJ) publishes the world’s most vital business and financial news and information and has been serving the business community since 1882. Dow Jones & Company has nearly 1,700 news staff – the largest network of business journalists in the world.

For more information, please contact:
Nadia Stoyle
Corporate Communications Tel: +852 2831 6482 Fax:+852 2574 2618

About DHL
With sales of E6 billion in 2000, DHL Worldwide Express is the global leader of the international air express industry, with a market share of 37%.

To meet the demands of over 1 million customers around the globe, DHL has 6,000 offices in more than 220 countries. They handle approximately 162 million shipments per year. To ensure efficiency with such a large volume of shipments, DHL runs a fleet of 254 aircraft, operating 714 scheduled flights every day. This alone makes it the ninth-largest airline in the world. Another 2,400 flights daily are operated exclusively for DHL by commercial aircraft.

On the ground, more than 16,000 vehicles service a total of 120,000 destinations in all continents with some 69,000 employees.

Founded in California in 1969, DHL is a pioneer in the courier industry. Today, the Company continues to be a driver for innovation, at the forefront of technology in its field. DHL offers its customers fast, responsive and cost-effective express deliveries in addition to e-commerce fulfillment and intelligent logistics solutions.

DHL is a privately owned company. Major shareholders are Deutsche Post World Net, Lufthansa, and Japan Airlines. The balance of shares is held by two private investment trusts.

James asks…

Is it possible for someone from outside of canada and usa to come there and take the ged test?

I’m 27 years old and not finish high school but finish middle school because of the disease i got in the past, but i always dreaming to continue my education, and dreaming can go into college, but there’s no way for an old man like me to go back into the high school, and then i read bout the ged test, unfortunately this thing only exist in canada and usa, and i live in indonesia, do you think if i come there i can take the ged test? or is there any other solution for me?…thanks for the answer, i need it so much……help me please….

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

I believe that you will be able to take the test. The only requirements I am aware of are that you sign up for the exam, pay the cost of testing, and take the test at a legitimate, supervised testing center. I see several problems in your case, however. The first is whether getting a GED will be of any use to you, since colleges in other countries usually do not recognize it. There are even some colleges in the United States which do not accept GED for admission. Unless you plan to attend a community college in the U.S. Or a college you are absolutely certain will accept the GED, you might have a problem. The second difficulty is with immigration. You would have to come to the United States on a visa which would allow you to stay long enough to take the test. Your third problem is with getting information about the test itself, since the rules and schedule vary from one state to another. You would have to check out the possibilities in several different states before you started arranging your schedule. My suggestion is that you contact people who administer the GED by doing a web search for GED centers and information. Find out if you can send e-mails to people who work in the centers and will know exactly what you need to do.

Maria asks…

Which one is better for pre-Uni? USA or Australia?

I need your guidance and information about these 2 countries. Because I will go oversea when I’m finish my 11th Grade. I want to take business as my major. So then I need to take my pre-uni (diploma) first. Well, which one is better? btw, I lived in Jakarta, Indonesia now. Because I think Australia is cool too because a lot of Indonesians. Well, US too. But….. I dont know! help me!

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Hi Del,

As we know that there’s no doubt about the education in both of USA and OZ. They are great countries for their education. But some of the universities in USA are more famous because they got the ranks among the universities in the world. But those universities that got the ranks have more difficult curriculum than the others and their tuition fees are more expensive as well.

Perhaps you need to consider some things like :
– the curriculum (subjects of the major you take)
– academic ability
– length of your study
– tuition fees and living cost
– your environment

Some benefits of Australia are:
– closer with our country
– lower tuition fees and living cost
– Easier to get the student visa
– If you thinks it’s more comfortable with many Indonesians, Australia has point for this.

Oya, if you think for the pre-univ, it would be better if you think about the university as well. Because the curriculum of Australia and USA is different so that perhaps it’s a bit difficult if you get your pre-univ in USA and transfer to OZ or the other hand from OZ to USA. Even, sometimes, in USA, if you take the pre-univ in A University and you want to transfer to B University, not all of your credits can be transferred. And so does OZ.

If you need further info, you may contact me 🙂

Daniel asks…

Do i need a degree alevel or some sort of qualification to do a tefl?

i have gone onto a website that offers tefl courses but it has no information on whether you need certain qualifications to enrol on to a course so I was wondering if you usually do need a degree in teaching to get into that in that line of work

i think you do ¬_¬

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

In general you’ll need a degree although there are still possibilities if you do not have this and a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate to get a visa and work. The TEFL certificate can be taken either in-house or online at your own pace which is a much cheaper option (see

If you don’t have a degree there are still possibilities. These countries do not always require a degree:

* China – the demand here is so great they often overlook the need for a degree.
* Indonesia
* Ecuador
* Mongolia
* Czech republic (although you will need a passport from an EU member state to teach here)

You will, however, need a TEFL Certificate to show you have knowledge of the subject and teaching it.

Also, don’t forget that you may well be able to find work in countries which normally require a degree.

To get these jobs you usually need to be in the country in person, ideally around the start of the new school year. If you contact as many schools as you can you may well be able to find one which is in need of a teacher and is willing to overlook the degree requirements due to the urgency of getting a native speaker into the classroom!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Indonesia Visa Information

Lizzie asks…

Gap year options for highschool grad student? ESL? Au Pair? More?

I am going to graduate from highschool the start of next year and am planning on taking a gap year. I really am interesting in teaching English in Japan or Europe, but it would seem I need a degree for most of those options. I am highly qualified as I have taken several classes and spent the last several years overseas and my parents are working Linguists.I’m open to getting my TEFL or other ESL qualifications.

I also have looked in to being an Au Pair quite extensively and like that idea. I also am quite qualified for that. ESL and Childcare, I probly have more degree hours in those two areas than a PhD haha. (Homeschooled, missionary family of 7…. enough said I believe. 😛 )

The question being: is there a good job that doesn’t require a BA and allows me to live at least a year abroad. Language learning/culture gathering and impact making. 🙂

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:


Great to see you’re interested in teaching abroad. Some countries require a degree in order to obtain a visa, unfortunately Japan is one of these. However, there are still loads of countries that don’t need a degree for you to be able to work there. For example in China, Indonesia and Ecuador you wouldn’t need a degree to be able to find work. You also wouldn’t need a degree to work in Europe either. You can get more information about where you can teach here:

For more information about teaching abroad, you might want to download a free copy of TEFL Uncovered: How to Teach Your Way Abroad with TEFL – it’ll give you loads of advice and help on where you could teach, how to find jobs and information on courses.

Hope this helps!

Steven asks…

what is the truth about Switzerland or swiss?

what is the truth about Switzerland? is it really a nice country? I searched it among internet yet and they said its a great country. how bout from ur experiences? let me know the informations about move and work to startover there especially if u are graduated from bachelor of graphic design in indonesia i feel doubt…
can i also ask bout links about job and live there?
as i said its swiss
shub can i ask more bout swiss to you?not only on this question.
also, does it true that swiss nationality only available to EU citizens?thanks

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

First of all you have to find a company that will sponsor your visa which is very unlikely because after the Swiss nationals the EU-Citizens will be served first and graphic design is also quite popular in Europe. Anything else is answered brilliantly from the answerer above.

Charles asks…

Am I a refugee? I’m not sure?

My family immigrated to the USA 18 years ago. I never understood why we had the opportunity to immigrate. All I know is that my dad was a soldier in the vietnam war ( he fought for south vietnam)…so I’m not sure I understand why the american government allowed us to move from vietnam to america. Was it the fact that my dad was in jail in Vietnam? so was I a refugee?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Probably, but with no hard information it’s hard to say absolutely. It certainly sounds like it. The US ran the Orderly Departure Program out of Bangkok for refugee interviews in HCMC for years, but they also did immigrant visas and had a special program for Amerasians as well. If your dad served in ARVN and spent time after Saigon fell in a reeducation camp as a result, he would have been considered eligible for refugee status and brought to the US as a refugee. There were other qualifications for refugee status to the US through ODP or for people in the various refugee camps in Asia, from Hong Kong to Indonesia, depending on religion, ethnicity, etc. Lots of people worked for the American government during the war and also spent time in reeducation camps. Most didn’t stay long, some stayed for more than 10 years. A huge number of Vietnamese left as Saigon fell, most in the first group were brought to Guam and from there to various refugee camps in the US in places like Arkansas and Florida before being resettled in the US, over 500,000 people initially. Considering they were our allies during the war, we felt some responsibility for them, and that’s why the US allowed them to come here. Lots more came out through the camps in Asia or ODP. At one point we were interviewing over 10,000 people a month in HCMC, so it was a very big program.

Mandy asks…

high schools in US?

i’m from indonesia and how can i go to high school in US? since i’m 15, i am underage, and i dont have any cousin or relatives in US, so i need every information i can get. i’m graduating from middle high on 2007 so i need this fast and clear. please help me!!?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Hi there,

first of all, you have to think twice before you decided to go to school here especially because you don’t even have any relatives here. I’m from Indonesia and I also graduated from high school in California. I moved here when I was on my last year of high school but I am a Green Card holder.

Some of my friends in Indonesia also have asked me the same questions. I can only say that you will have two options, it is either you try to find a scholarship for student exchange program or you go to international school (specialized for foreign students that want to go to high school in America) which will cost you around $15000 a year.

You can’t attend public high school here because it is a free education program that are designated only for US residents (either through Asylum, Green Card, Citizenship or any other legal visas except foreign student visas).

It will be tough for you if you don’t have the necessary visa to come here and don’t know any relatives in America (moreover, you are still 15 yrs old). Just put all things to considerations before you take the next step.

Sandy asks…

What is it meant by “constant companion” in point no 1 & 2 below?

1. Administrative Preparedness Actions:
– Ensure all staff are aware of AI threat. Make world-wide program updates available in office notice boards.
– All international staff, SMT members and all wardens up to ‘Primary Contact’ should carry an up-to-date *‘Constant Companion’*.

2. All international staff must carry their ABC photo ID card, Indonesia Police Identification Card (SKLD), a copy of their work permit and a copy of their passport details and visa page, and the latest version of the *Constant Companion*.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

It sounds as though this is a constantly updated document containing vital information and instructions which staff are required to have with them at all times. A constant companion in ordinary usage is someone who is always by your side.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Indonesia Visa Requirements For Uk Citizens

Sandy asks…

Questions about UK Tourist Visa for Norway residence permit holder?

Hi, I really need you guys advice 🙂

I am an Indonesian who hold a Norwegian residence permit and marry to a Norwegian.
I work in a communal kindergarten since December 2012 till present.

The kindergarten staffs will visit London for holiday 1-4 May 2014 and it is only me who need a visa to enter UK :Cry:

I checked UK Immigration website and already read all requirements.

My questions are;
– How much money should I have in my bank account?
Note that the travel agent from Norway already have a plan for round trip tickets and accommodation.

– Is it too late if I apply the visa on 1st April 2014?

– Do I have a greater chance to get a visa if I attach “Marriage Certificate” which shows strong ties to Norway, besides the “Employment Letter”?

– The UK Immigration also require “bank statement”.
My bank statement are in Norwegian and I need to translate it.
It will be so expensive (you know Norway) if I should translate all transactions within last 6 months.
There’s lot of transactions (include the salary transfer) because I also use the account for a daily life *my mistake*.
Do you guys have any idea about this?

Thank you for any help 🙂
Please excuse my bad English and lots of questions I made.

With best regards,

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

> I am an Indonesian …. Marry to a Norwegian.
So you will be able to get a visitor visa for the UK based on being married to an EEA citizen.

That you also have residence certificate, is also a benefit,
as proof of being accepted into the EEA.

If this is a business trip,
a letter of support from your school/workplace will also support the trip.

You should have no problem in getting a visit visa.
And should not need any minimum savings etc, only proof of living in the EEA.
Http:// – members of EEA

See do you need a visa

Tourist visa

Business visitor

But you would be an EEA Family member visitor.
And that wold be obvious from your application.

Mary asks…

I’m planning on applying for Fiancee Visa to the UK. Does anyone know which supporting documents are required?

We have been going out for three years, and engaged for a year. My fiance is working outside the UK in the couintry where I live and we have been physically together for three years. He’s now finishing his work here and we are planning on moving back to the UK. Could anyone help me please?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

If anyone gives you a straight answer here…don’t believe it ! You have failed to say what country you live in and that is needed because travel regulations vary tremendously from one country to another.

For instance, if you live in Indonesia, you are not permitted even to leave the country without a permit even if you have a valid passport.

To enter England, you need only a valid passport / visa as the UK is a neutral domain country. You can travel there as a tourist. I assume your fiance is native to the UK and, if so, you can marry while there as a toruist but must register with the magistrate in the city he lives in. The magistrate will relate alien regulations that may apply to your particular situation. For instance, some countries require you must visit each other twice in 12 months (lol) before can marry and enter the country as a foreign bride, but you certainly have passed that test.

What I would suggest is that you check first with the laws of your own country to be sure of any restrictions relative to travel and you may also want to learn a little about citizenship requirements of your own country and that of the UK because you are surely going to lose citizenship in your own country if planning to remain in the UK. Some countries require a couple to be married a specified period of time before being considered a citizen of that country. If you divorce before that period of time expires then you must return to your native country.

By the way, congratulations…I wish you happiness…

Chris asks…

where write CV in Australia jobs?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Those jobs are only available to people on Working Holiday or other work visas.

Working holiday visas are only available to young people aged between 18 and 30 who are citizens of countries that have reciprocal working holiday arrangements with Australia. If you are not from one of the following countries or if you are not in the qualifying age group, you cannot get a working holiday visa:
Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom (subclass 417) or Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA (subclass 462).
Http:// Working Holiday visas

For any other work visa , you must have qualifications and experience in a highly skilled occupation listed as being in need of workers. You must pass the points test or have employer sponsorship and must meet English language, health and character requirements.
Http:// Skilled work visas

Laura asks…

British man plans marriage to Indonesian woman – how do I go through the process of immigration ?

I’m a British Citizen and am planning to marry an indonesian lady. (She’s a corporate lawyer in indonesia but thats just a side interest to the Q) – I’m not sure what the current process of marriage to a non-uk citizen is in terms of forms/immigrations requirements to bring the partner to the uk etc.

Can anyone advise ? Im not sure if the British Government has tightened matters due to recent events.

As an aside, we are both christian by faith – appreciate that Indonesia is a muslim nation and who knows how policies may have changed ?

Just thought I’d ask before searching the net.


Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

First of congratulations, secondly Please look at the website below, its visas website of British Government that explains in detail how to bring your spouse in the country. Just few rules & I am sure ur wife will be in UK in few months after u get married.

James asks…

Why do we have to have 6 months on a passport to travel?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

The six months UK passport validity requirement is a relic of a time without electronic communication means. Nowadays the identity of a person can be checked and varified electronically. The majority of countries have abolished the six months passport validity requirement. It is nowadays only applied for in 38 moreless exotic countries of the more than 200 countries on earth. Those are: Afghanistan, Algeria, Brunei, Chinese Taipei, Cook Islands, Cote d’Ivoire, Ecuador, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Israel , Kazakhstan, Kenya, Laos, Madagascar, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Namibia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Palau Islands, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Venezuela, and Vietnam. Expired British passport (no time limit) endorsed British Citizen are accepted to return home to the United Kingdom on non-stop flights. Alternately an emergency travel document can be issued at British High Commissions, Embassies, or Consulate Generals. In countries without British representatives this can be done at any Embassy of a Commonwealth or an European Union country.

Source(s): ..

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Indonesia Visa Requirements For Uk Citizens

David asks…

Visa for the Eurostar?

I am an Indonesia citizen who holds a Tier 4 (student) UK visa with my Indonesian service passport. I am planning to travel to the Netherlands and Belgium in which are visa-free for Indonesian service passport holders. The situation now is that my Schengen visa is currently expired. Would then I be allowed to board the Eurostar from London to Brussels and back? Thank you

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Holders of diplomatic or service passports of Indonesia travelling on duty are exempt from the visa requirement to Belgium and the Netherlands for a stay of up to three months.

However the visa exemption does not apply to France. You would not be allowed to board the Eurostar in London without a valid visa for France [or the Schengen area].

Either get a French visa or use a direct flight to Belgium or the Netherlands if you are on official duty of the Indonesian government..

Source(s): ..
Http://,805- ..

Mary asks…

Immigration options for a UK & Australian dual citizen?

What countries could a citizen of Australia or UK move to (apart from Europe) without Visa requirements? Are there any other special Visas available for citizens of these countries for example the E3 Visa for Australian citizen’s to work in USA.

Question from a dual citizen of Australia and UK living in England.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Australia has working holiday arrangements with (I think) more countries than does the UK, so your Australian citizenship (you’ll need an Oz passport) will enable you to apply for them. Non European countries include Canada, HKSAR, Japan, Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Chile, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the USA.

And don’t forget that Australians have absolutely free right of entry and work in New Zealand with no visa requirements at all.

Laura asks…

How to become british citizens, quickest and cheapest?

I came from Indonesia and I have been living in the UK since 1999. Ever since then I have studied and have been working for the past 6 years, im now 22 years of age i believe im eligible for naturalisation, however i wonder if theres a quicker and cheaper route to go about gaining british citizenship??

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Assuming you have been legal throughout i.e. You came on a student visa and then changed to a work visa and your current visa status is still valid, you have certainly completed the residence requirement for citizenship of five years minimum legal residence.

If you have ILR you can apply for citizenship once you have held it for one year.

There is no other way of gaining British citizenship in your case except through naturalisation.

Michael asks…

If we are in UK then planned to go to switzerland? do i need to apply a visa because im just a student visa.?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

You are a student visa?

Well, it depends on the visa’s citizenship whether another visa for Switzerland is needed. A UK visa does not exempt from the Swiss (Schengen) visa requirement since the UK does not participate in the Schengen agreement.

You will need to get a Swiss/Schengen visa prior to travel if you are a citizen of Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (North-), Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Mariana Islands, Oman, Pakistan, Palau Islands, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tomé & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.

Citizen of Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, FYROMacedonia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong (SAR), Iceland, Israel, Japan, Liechtenstein, Macao (SAR), Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, United States of America, Uruguay, Vatican City, and Venezuela are exempt from the visa requirement.
Citizen of Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, FYROMacedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia need an e-passport containing a microchip for visa-free travel. The Taiwanese passport must have the national ID number added.

Switzerland has outsourced the visa application process to a commercial partner which collects the visa applications and checks them for completeness before they are forwarded to the Swiss authorities for decision. You can apply for the visa up to three month prior to the proposed travel date. Your passport and the UK Entry Clearance must be valid for at least another three months beyond your proposed stay in Switzerland.
Http:// ..

Robert asks…

How much does a UK visa cost from Canada?

my mom wants to go and visit her sister in London and she wants know the price for Visa anyone knows ? shes not a citizen

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

All visa applications made from Canada are processed by the UK Border Agency in New York. The application fee to be paid online by credit card is £ 78.00 or USD $ 129.00. Biometrics and fingerprints must be taken at one of the commercial applications centres in Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton, or Vancouver which may add some travel costs. Biometrics and fingerprints taken by special appointments at Halifax, Nova Scotia or St John’s, Newfoundland cost CAD $150.00 + taxes. Courier delivery fee to New York and back is CAD $ 42.00 + taxes up to 1lb and CAD $ 54.00 + taxes above 1lb.
Https:// ..
Http:// ..

@ RR / epona:
did you read the question to the last sentence? [shes not a citizen]

Canadian citizen are exemot from the UK visa requirement, Canadian Permanent Residents are not. It depends on their citizenship. Passport holder of the following countries need a visa prior to travel to the UK:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrein, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China (except Hong Kong and Macao), Colombia, Comores, Congo (Brazzaville), Democratic Republic of Congo, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea (North), Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Sao Tome e Princippe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Surinam, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan (without ID card number), Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus – [the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus is not recognised by the UK government. Visas are issued on an EU uniform format ‘Form for affixing the visa’], Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Venezuela [except e-passport holders], Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Indonesia Visa Information

Thomas asks…

Is it possible to get a work visa to work abroad with a felony on your record?

I’m interested in teaching english overseas, and need to know if it is even worth attempting. I have a felony on my record for dui back when i was 21, actually 3 dui’s and that’s why the last one is considered felonious. This was 5 yrs ago, and is definitely a part of my past. Anyways i can’t seem to find the information online anywhere. Please help. I know it’s probably specific to the country, so i’m thinking, Spain, Indonesia, Southeast Asia

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

I really don’t think so! But like you said it is country specific so
it all depends on where you go and how bad they need you!
Contact the Spanish Embassy in Washington DC

Michael asks…

I am indian want to marry indonesian girl?

i am hindu indian boy want to marry indonesian christian girl
i will change my religion legaly so religion not problem
but how get marriage certificate in indonesia please tell me
which document n procedure need ?
what i will do?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Okay then. Getting married in indonesia is a little complicated but if you are well prepared and patient you can do it and have an amazing wedding.

First off, consider being married either in bali or jakarta because foreigners often get married in either of these places so they are familiar with dealing with marriges involving foreigners. Other places in indonesia are going to frustrate you with red tape and mistakes. I would personally recommend bali since they have the most amazingly beautiful wedding chapels and great prices there. In addition to that, the wedding chapel employees know how to help you with obtaining all the needed documents more efficiently. Here is a site where you can see the lovely bali chapels and contact them for further information. Http://

what you will need to do first is to convert to being the same religion as her. The only two christian religions recognized in indonesia are catholic and protestant. You need to be the same religion as she is. In order to do that, you will go to a local pastor or chaplain and tell them you wish to convert. They will tell you what you need to do, it will probably involve saying a prayer for repentence of sin and accepting belief in Jesus Christ. Then they will give you a certificate stating you have converted. You will need this certificate to show to the Civil Registry (Kantor Calatan Sipil) and to the office of religious affairs (Kantor Urusan Cegana). Conversion can be done on the same day as the wedding or anytime prior to the wedding. Legally in indonesia, people cannot marry unless they are the same religion, so you have to convert.

If you are both of legal age (girl 16, boy 19) you can marry, but if either of you are under the age of 21 you will both have to have a letter from each set of parents stating that they agree to the marriage.

The church or chapel you intend to marry in will need to provide you with a letter of notification from the church or chapel that you intend to marry there and the wedding date. You will need to apply for a marriage license by filing a notification of marriage and it will take up to 10 days to receive that so you can proceed.

When you go to apply, you will need the following things:
1. Indonesian national id car for her (KTP)
2. Both of you will need an indonesian police certificate stating you have never been arrested
3. For you, current legal visa
4. For you, current legal passport
5. Both of you need legal copy of your birth certificates
6. Both of you will need letters from your respective consulates stating you are single and free to marry, called letters of no impediment to marriage.
7. 4 copies of a 4x 6cm photos of the two of you side by side
8. Two legal witnesses aged 18 or over who possess their KTP cards

the wedding chapels can help you with these things so with careful planning and attention to detail, it can go smoothly and you can be married to the lady love of your life. Don’t forget that once the ceremony has taken place, you will need to take all your documents to the civil registry office within 14 days to register the marriage.

Charles asks…

Should I provide EURO 2250 in my bank account for 90 days travel to Norway even though I have a sponsor?

My friend in Norway invite me to go there and would like to pay all of my expenses (transport, accommodation, food, etc). I read that the visitor who have sponsor like me still must provide 25 EURO X how many days I stay there. Is this mean I have to provide EURO 2250 in my bank account before apply for the visa?I am Indonesian…Thanks in advance:)

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Norway actually requires 500 NOK/day to cover expenses, which is closer to €65 (€5850 for 90 days).

However, your sponsor can sign a guarantee form which reduces this amount. They agree to be responsible for all of your expenses, including covering deportation if you overstay, so it’s a major commitment. You also need travel insurance. The sponsor needs to take the following form, along with financial information like a salary pay slip and bank statements, to the local police station. You need to bring a copy of the notarised form and a copy of your sponsor’s passport with you when you travel to Norway.

The form alone doesn’t guarantee a visa, though it helps if you are provided room/board and don’t have all of the funds necessary to cover other expenses yourself. You are still expected to be able to cover some costs, though the amount is subjective and depends on how much your sponsor is providing.

William asks… a u think its easy for me to find job in egypt?im an elementary teacher.?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

The best way to find out about your eligibility to teach in Egypt is to write to the Ministry of Education requesting the information.
Other than that , you could search online for posts with private schools and when you apply for a post, they should tell you if you are eligible.
But, be careful, because sometimes owners of schools are a little cavalier about the finer details of immigration. You should always have the finer details of visas BEFORE TRAVELLING!!
Have you thought about teaching in Indonesia? There are many Filipinna teachers working on Batam, in the Riau group in Indonesia. They have good conditions and are well paid.
Good luck!

Mark asks…

Married to a muslim man, but I have not converted to Islam…?

If we move back to his country (malaysia), will I have to convert to Islam in order to be accepted by the Islamic immigration / government, to get a visa to live there?
What I mean is, I know that in Islam, muslims are only supposed to marry muslims, or people of the book. But I am agnostic. We love each other accept each other as we are. But the Islamic law requires that he only marry a Muslima, whilst I am agnostic. So the islamic law in malaysia require that in order to live there as his wife, I must convert/revert to Islam?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Insofar as I know, Malaysia was a Secular or Cosmopolitan Country which still has a sizable population of non-Muslims and it’s Constitution is still a Democratic one, however, it’s one where the Muslims came into majority because of their growing numbers from their large families vis a vis the lower birth rate among others. Indonesia is a similar Country.

The have not yet declared themselves to be Islamic Theocracies, obviously because they still have the non-Muslim population which would not allow that and the International Community which would then step in if the Muslims go there.

It’s a pity that you were unable to find someone from your own people and had to settle for a Malay Muslim, but then, I wouldn’t recommend your migrating to Malaysia just yet.

You might want to hold on to your Citizenship wherever you are and use a visa for a few years and test the waters there before jumping into it.

The reason I say this is that if you need to reconsider your marriage, having immigrated there will make it extremely difficult for you to go back home and you seriously don’t want to lose that.

Once in a Muslim dominant Society, you are going to see the finer nuances of your life unfold before you and a lot of that is not going to be to your liking.

Your children will have to be Muslims since that’s a non-negotiable thing with these kinds of marriages.

You’ll also find your social life is a very different thing to what you were used to once you’re in his turf.

What you did, in my honest opinion, was a bad mistake, but, your compounding that with more of misguided decisions like migrating there would be letting yourself to go right into a trap you cannot escape.

Most of such marriages do not last and the few that do have the Muslim changing his ways.

Well, sorry if I was a bit blunt in this, but, it’s in your own interests not to wear pink glasses.

All the best.


You might also like to consider the fact that, legally, according to the Muslims’ Shari’a Law, your marriage has no sanctity and is not valid.

Also, I wonder if you know that a Muslim man can divorce his wife by saying “talaq” [I divorce you] thrice?

It’s not like it is here where you need to go to Court and file for a divorce and where you can claim alimony etc, because Islamic Law doesn’t give the lady anything there.

I think you had not researched the subject well enough before you jumped into this and only wish to let you know what you’ve let yourself in for so that your mind will not be clouded and your have you see a lot of things come as a very rude shock if things go sour.


Just for the record, I’m not blaming you for what you did. It’s unfortunate.

However, in the light of the new information that you’re an Agnostic, the marriage is already a farce and your “conversion”, which will be a namesake, will be a bigger farce.

I’d suggest you keep your present Citizenship and think deeply about having any children for quite a while if you are going into a Muslim Dominant place like that, where your “marriage” may just not last too long due to various factors you do not know about right now.

An ounce of Prevention is better than a pound of Cure, if you know what I mean.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Indonesia Visa Information

Betty asks…

I’m Indonesian(asia).I’m medical Doctor.I want to apply job as medical doctor in Europe or USA.How could i get?

If i would be accepted in either Continent as a med Doctor,i’d like to apply as Resident there.Please if there’s anyone knows about the information,particularly to Med Doctor from Indonesia( South East Asia )

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

There are four categories for granting permanent residence to foreign nationals based upon employment:

EB-1 Priority workers

* Foreign nationals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics
* Foreign national that are outstanding professors or researchers
* Foreign nationals that are managers and executives subject to international transfer to the United States

EB-2 Professionals with advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability

* Foreign nationals of exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business
* Foreign nationals that are advanced degree professionals
* Qualified alien physicians who will practice medicine in an area of the U.S. Which is underserved. Read more about this particular program.

EB-3 Skilled or professional workers

* Foreign national professionals with bachelor’s degrees (not qualifying for a higher preference category)
* Foreign national skilled workers (minimum two years training and experience)
* Foreign national unskilled workers

EB-4 Special Immigrants

* Foreign national religious workers
* Employees and former employees of the U.S. Government abroad

How to Apply

If you are an employer wishing to sponsor (or petition) for a foreign national to work in the United States on a permanent basis, you must file Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker. Detailed information is provided in the instructions for Form I-140. Filing requirements differ for each of the five categories.

The Department of State is responsible for providing visa numbers to foreign nationals interested in immigrating to the United States. To find out more about the Department of State’s visa process visit the Department of State website for specific information on how to get an immigrant visa number.

To check the status of a visa number you can review the Department of State’s visa bulletin.
For more info visit

Daniel asks…

best country to work abroad?

I live in Australia and was wondering which is the best country to travel to and work in? also where is easy to get a visa?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

The only country you can easily travel to and work in on a long term basis is New Zealand. Australians can live and work there without restriction and you don’t need to apply for a visa in advance.

Australia has Working Holiday arrangements with a number of countries which allow young Australians between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive) to live and work in each country for 12 months (24 months for some countries) without needing any particular skills or education. Each country requires you to arrive with sufficient funds to pay for your initial living expenses – see the website for each country for their requirements. Countries with WHV arrangements for young Australians are: the UK, Belgium, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Australia also has Work and Holiday arrangements with a further 9 countries. Work and Holiday visas have more requirements and restrictions than Working Holiday visas – the number of available visas for each country is limited and all have certain educational and/or sponsorship requirements. Countries with W&HV arrangements for young Australians are: USA, Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and Uruguay.

Contact information for both programs:

For any other work visa, you will need skills that are in demand in the country in question.

Thomas asks…

What do I need to do to get a job overseas?

Hi, I’m from Indonesia. As the question states, I’d like to try my chances and work overseas.
I have a bachelor’s degree in IT from a private school in Singapore but I have no working experience.
Do you guys apply for a visa to the country of your choice and start looking for a job once you’re there or do you apply for a job online and then go?
What countries are friendly and accepting of immigrants such as me?
If there are other information you can give me I’d greatly appreciate it.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

The most important thing you need is passport and visa and i don’t know what else you need

Carol asks…

How can I get an international education?? Help!!!!?

I’m from Indonesia, and its so hard to get an international education here, not to mention the fees…
but everytime I look up on the internet all they were asking is my SAT and ACT score, I dont have such test in my country
what should I do for my first step to college?? I dont have enough money to survive alone,,
Please give me some advice..

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

The SAT and ACT is offered in countries all around the world. You might just have to research it a little more than someone in the US would have to.

Every US college and university has its own procedure, but here’s basically what you need to do to get in:

1) Complete an application (you can often find this at the colleges’ website).
More information:

2) Take standardized tests, such as the ACT or SAT.
More information:

3) If English isn’t your native language, you may have to take the TOEFL.
More information:

4) Get a student visa.
More information:

Good luck!!!

Laura asks…

Whats the best way for me to open a business franchise over seas as well in the U.S. ?

I have several business contacts here in the U.S. as well as other countries such as Australia, the U.K. etc and I was to start a franchise in all of these places.
I figure the best way is to obtain an international work visa since I know I will have to go by international law but, what is the best way of doing all this ?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Introduce my name Irawan of Indonesia, I think first of all make sure that what is needed by your customers outside the country in which you without going abroad but your business with your customers running smoothly and mutual trust.
For information just let me participate in your business and what their needs in your region and I can afford it in Indonesia.
I hope this can help you. Thanks
Irawan. M
Telp : 6221-97654602
Hp : 6221-81383487811

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Indonesia Visa Information

Donald asks…

Where or how can I look for sponsorship to apply for a skilled job visa for Australia?

Im an Industrial Engineer w/ 4 years of experiences, I speak English, Spanish & Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin) and my wife is graduated in accounting and speaks English, Indonesia as well Mandarin, both we are age under 30.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Neither of you will need sponsorship unless you particularly want it for security before you come here. Both of your professions score maximum points on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and your additional languages should make you very attractive to employers even without sponsorship. Accountants are currently on the Migration Occupations in Demand (MODL) list, so your wife will be particularly welcome (please don’t take that the wrong way – you’re both welcome, but we have a particular shortage of Accountants at present). Having said the above, you should both register on the Skill Matching Database
and refer to the following employment sites:

For all information relating to visas and sponsorship, go to:_

Good luck!

Donna asks…

My US visa expiry is Oct 2007, can I still go to USA in Oct 2007?

I’m from Indonesia and I have a US entry visa with 5 years validity. The expiry date stated is October 2007. Does this mean that I can still enter the US until 31 October? Or usually they would require a visa that’s at least a few months away from expiry?

I’m posted overseas now, so it’s a bit complicated to reapply right now, while I may need to go to US in October.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

This could be a potential problem. It may be up to the customs officer who processes you, and in consideration would also be the date you are entering (Oct 2? Or Oct 30?), and how long you are planning to stay, as well as other circumstances.

Most definitely in this situation, you need to contact official sources of information (visit your local U.S. Embassy, or call them) before travelling.

Best of luck to you.

William asks…

When do l get my Boarding Pass at the airport or at home?

Well l have booked a Flight with from Sydney Australia to Cebu Philippines but with my Travel Itinerary its like a Muti Travel But goes to Singapore Airline that goes 12.30pm so do l need to check in with Singapore Airline or what? and i’ll be leaving heaps early to beat traffic etc but I’m freaking out but excited because this is my first time travelling by myself and l don’t want to stuff up or look bad at the airport if l didn’t full in right information or didn’t bring ID or whatever anything from above but when exactly do l get my boarding pass or do l just show them my Travel Itinerary at the check in desk at the airport with singapore airline what do i need to do when l check it like l got my Passport luggage laptop, Extra Money etc everything but when l do go to Sydney airport do l need to give them information about myself or show them my Travel Itinerary and or my boarding pass I’m very new at this and cause l don’t how many people to help me out with this but friends on the other side Philippines haha anyways when l get to Sydney what exactly do l do go to check in or look at information desk or wait l don’t know and another with Singapore Airport would there be any resting areas because id be staying there nearly 13 hours :/ just anywhere so l don’t miss my flight I’m so nervous but very excited so yeah please if anyone knows anything about this Please give me advice or anything important no cruel comments thanks.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

You will need to get your boarding pass at check in, and leave any check in luggage there as well. You will need your passport and any visas you need for the countries you are visiting as well. If the Philippines are as racist and incompetent as Indonesia, you may have to get your Visa at the airport when you arrive. Make sure you get there at least three hours before your flight.
EDIT. Just checked on Visa requirements and you can visit the Philippines for 30 days without a visa, just your Australian passport.
Flyscoot is only a cheap agency, nothing to do with the airline.

Joseph asks…

US F1 student visa application is refused pending additional required administrative processing?

Hello, I wanna ask anybody here about my US VISA status as indicated above.

I am Indonesian, but I took my VISA interview in Malaysia on 7th of June 2011. I took it in Malaysia because I was studying in a college there. This college provides an America’s university transfer program that is not available in my home country. So, I have more clear information on how to apply F1 VISA in Malaysia than in Indonesia. I major in chemical engineering and I have been accepted into a university in USA.

The interview was going alright. I was really confident about my preparation. I have answered all questions as clearly as I could. But, the interview was not long, approx. 3 minutes. The interviewer just asked me a few questions about my previous institution (in malaysia), about what kind of degree that I will receive later in US, he also asked about family &relatives, and my latest academic transcript. After that, he just said if they need to do additional required administrative processing. I also noticed that my interviewer didn’t ask about my financial documents which I thought financial documents were very important documents to issue a visa. Furthermore, he didn’t bother asking about my purposes to study in my future university or why I major in chemical engineering.

He gave me a pink paper and my application and passport were returned back to me.

The pink paper is stating a statement above and telling me to be patient and not to call them to inquire about my status of my case. He said, there is no fix time when I will be contacted. However, they will contact me as soon as my application is ready. The pink letter also tells me to drop off my passport and the letter to any of the five drop off location after I have been contacted.

Now, I am a bit worry about my visa processing. I am afraid if I can’t get my visa as soon as possible. I see most of my friends already got their f1 visa and booked their flights to US. Yet, I am still not sure about mine, and I can’t do anything about it. In the mean time, I am back to Indonesia and waiting their call via email from here. I really hope I will be able to attend my school in this fall 2011. And the deadline to report to my school is this 21st of August 2011 ( as stated in my I-20).

So, any thoughts about my current condition?
and, what do you think if I book my flight now without my visa in my hand?

Thank you so much upfront.

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

Administrative processing can take weeks months or years ..there is no way of telling ..nor can you speed it up or ask for more info… Its mostly a security based problem

Paul asks…

How my boyfriend can migrate to Australia?

I am a permanent resident of Australia, whereas my boyfriend is not. He has just graduated from his master degree in UK, majoring international finance. He did undergraduate in Indonesia in management field.
Is there a way for him to live and find a job in here?
I know many people suggest to find a company as a sponsor, but at this time, it seems like the hardest thing to find.
Any other suggestions to help?

Indonesia Visa Advisor’s answers:

The best approach will depend on the strength and duration of your relationship.

If you’ve lived together for 12 months, he can apply for a Partner visa with you as his sponsor. A Partner visa carries unrestricted work privileges and access to Medicare and will be temporary for around 2 years and then becomes permanent. You will be required to prove that your relationship is ‘genuine and continuing’ and that you have cohabited for 12 months.
Http:// (Applications from outside Australia) (Onshore applications)

If you haven’t lived together for long enough, but intend marrying, he can apply for a Prospective Marriage visa, again, with you as his sponsor. You have 9 months to get married and then apply for a Partner visa as above. PM visas have unrestricted work privileges but no Medicare until he applies for his partner visa.
Http:// (PM visa)

For information on all Partner visas, you will find the following Partner Migration booklet useful and easy to follow. Pay particular attention to ‘Proof that your relationship is genuine’ on pages 38/39.

If none of the partner visas are appropriate and if he is an Indonesian or UK citizen aged between 18 and 30, he may be eligible for one of the two types of 12 month working holiday visas.

Otherwise, he must have qualifications and experience in an occupation on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) but unless he can find an employer who is eligible and willing to sponsor him, he will have a wait of years before being granted a visa as none of his qualifications are for any occupations with high visas processing priority: (the SOL) (job descriptions and required qualifications)

Powered by Yahoo! Answers